Friday, July 13, 2007

soooo bummed

So most of you know I teach 4th grade. My school was the one that got burned in the fire this past 4th of July holiday. I went up there yesterday and was astonished at how much damage was actually caused. Even though the fire was isolated to one pod of 5th and 6th grade rooms (9 total), the damage goes halfway through the school! It looks like a wazone. My room didn't get burned, but I got a lot of smoke damage. It reeks so bad..even after they took down the ceiling tiles and had everything taken out and everything taken off the walls. It's going to be a nighmare coming back and getting everything ready for the new year. My room was the next one past the doors of where the fire was isolated. Everyone who teaches back there (some for over 15 years) have to throw away everything that was in their rooms...everything...file cabinet stuff, bulletin boards...ANYTHING in those rooms have to go due to health concerns from the smoke. So let this be a lesson...never play with fireworks near something that can burn down. It's truly devasting. I am just thankful no one was hurt.

this is my room with NOTHING in it...not even a ceiling

hallway outside my room

outside of where the fire started

this small little trash can is where the fireworks landed that started the fire




my friend sherry's room


this is what a melted tv/dvd/vcr combo looks like after a fire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey wow that is alot of damage to the school well see ya mcd your favrite student andrea