Sunday, March 09, 2008

funny story

ok, so what is it with guys and picikng out meat to cook? When did it become a competitive sport? Does anyone else know someone who thinks that no one can pick out meat better than them...like seriously everytime there is a bar-b-que or fancy dinner, they have to give you the play by play on what a terrific find this certain piece of meat they are about to consume is and that it might be the best ever chosen...

I have this "friend" who shall remain anonymous...that told me this story and I about peed in my pants. To protect this "friend" I will refer to him as TMP (Top Meat Picker) but I am going to tell it from his point of view...

"Sara, OMG you are not going to believe what happened to me at Schnucks. I was in the meat aisle and they had no good meat. I mean it. All the stuff they had out was terrible. And I noticed the old man next to me had a really good peice in his hand. So I waited him out to see what he was going to do with it and as soon as he put it down, I grabbed it, threw it in my cart, and took off. I bolted because I knew as soon as he put it down he would realize he had picked up the best piece of meat in the bunch and would try to get it back. The next thing I know this man is chasing me yelling "sir...Sir..." I kept thinking their is NO WAY I am giving this peice of meat back to that guy...so I was practically running at this point...darting down different aisles and back tracking so he didn't know which way I was going to go. I kept hearing him yell after me and thought to myself...I knew this meat was good because, man he is really wanting it back!...I was prepared to throw down for it right their in the middle of the shampoo Aisle...Somehow after a few minutes of me trying to dodge him he caught up with me and at this point we were both out of breath. When he finally confronted me I just told him "Dude" you're not getting this meat back." and in between pants the guy gets this weird look on his face and says..."sir...you have MY CART"

Apparently in TMP's mad dash to grab the "perfect meat" he threw it in the wrong cart and then made this poor guy chase him down for it for 5 minutes....
Don't get me wrong I like a good bbq as much as the next girl...but I'd hate to think it caused someone to have a stroke at the supermarket... hee hee

No comments: